Hospital employees share their COVID-19 vaccine journey
Nine hospital employees from UAB Medicine in Alabama candidly discuss their COVID-19 vaccine experience, including any initial hesitancy and side effects. Team members from environmental services, food services, guest services and supply chain services share their why for getting the vaccine.
From a voice in the Latino community
In this #MyWhy video, a hospital Spanish interpreter discusses concerns he hears from the Latino community about the COVID-19 vaccine as well as why he chose to get the vaccine. The video is in both English and Spanish with translations.
#MyWhy Public Service Announcement
America’s health care workers share why they chose to get the COVID-19 vaccine. We hear first-hand from individuals in the emergency department, environmental services, food services, front desk, operating room and more.
Why I Got the COVID-19 Vaccine During My Pregnancy
Doctors discuss getting the COVID-19 vaccine during pregnancy. AHA’s #MyWhy social campaign aims to build vaccine confidence among the health care workforce.
Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccines for people pregnant and breastfeeding from the CDC webpage.
An Alabama Health Care Leader Shares Her Why
The vice president of supply chain and support services at UAB Medicine in Alabama shares her why for getting the COVID-19 vaccine and how vaccines are bringing relief to hospitals and health systems. AHA’s affiliate, the Association for Health Care Resource & Materials Management encourages it members to share their reasons for getting the COVID-19 vaccine.
As a physician, nurse, respiratory therapist, environmental services or food services worker or other health care professional, your example is one of the strongest health resources we have. When you get your COVID-19 vaccine, please consider sharing your story to help others understand the importance of getting vaccinated.
Three ways you can participate:
- Share a video or story on social media talking about why you got the COVID-19 vaccine. Please use the tag #MyWhy in your post and tag @AHAhospitals.
- Complete this form to submit your video (under 30 seconds). Your story may be featured on our website and social media.* Please use the words “My Why is…” in your response if you can.
- Submit a written testimonial briefly stating why you got the COVID-19 vaccine and include a photo. Right click in the Google Drive folder to upload the document and photo. We will similarly use your story on social media, website, or other communications.* Please use the words “My Why is…” in your response if possible.
Questions to help tell your story:
- Why did you get the COVID-19 vaccine? Sample answers:
- My why is to keep my colleagues safe. I know getting vaccinated is the first step towards being protected from COVID-19 and continue safely caring for my community.
- I got the COVID-19 vaccine so I feel more confident that I am keeping my family safe when I go home. That’s my why.
- My why is ending this pandemic!
- If you could say one thing to your fellow health care professionals about why they should get the COVID-19 vaccine when it is available to them, what would it be?
- Try to keep your video under 30-seconds.
- Begin by introducing yourself (name, what hospital or health system you work in or where you are from, job)
- If you are filming yourself with your phone, make sure you are holding it in landscape mode (horizontal).
- Film yourself in a well-lit room or outside during the day in a quiet spot.
Please refrain from submitting stories that may include personal health information that may be subject to HIPAA regulations or may otherwise compromise the privacy of any individual.
“My why for getting this vaccination is because it is our first opportunity to demonstrate and lead the rest of the population into a prevention mode. We have all been experiencing a terrible 2020. 2020 has all kinds of memories of disappointments, missed graduations and deaths but now we have the opportunity to step forward and lead the population into a new 2021 which should be tremendous, independent and lead us to our normal way of life.”
Roger Wells, PA-C
Lexington Regional Health Center
Help Spread the Word
Use these graphics to encourage others to share their story:
By submitting this form I hereby grant to the American Hospital Association (AHA) and its representatives, employees, agents and assigns, the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, display, distribute, transmit, copy, reproduce, publish, or re-publish, either in whole or in part, audio/visual recordings, photographs, portraits and videos of me, including my image, voice, and likeness (hereinafter called “Images”), through any media including, but not limited to any and all of its publications and website entries, for editorial, promotional, educational and/or informational purposes, internal use, art, entertainment, trade, advertising or any other purpose; and to copyright in its own name and/or publish, and/or market, and/or assign the same without payment or any other consideration or further authorization by me.
I also grant AHA all rights in such Images or videos, including the rights to reproduce and disseminate such Images, as well as to use such Images in whole or part as part of derivative works and/or supporting materials in conjunction with my own name. I understand that information disclosed pursuant to this authorization may be re-disclosed and used in a webcast and in other media outlets. I hereby waive the right to inspect and/or approve the finished video/audio tape or stream, print, or any other materials that may be used in connection with my Images, or the use to which they may be applied so long as such use shall be lawful.
I represent that I am over the age of eighteen (18) years and that I have read the foregoing and fully understand its contents. This release shall be binding upon me, my heirs, legal representatives, and assigns. I hereby release and discharge AHA and its representatives, employees, agents and assigns from any and all claims, actions, demands, and liability arising out of or in connection with the use of said Images, including without limitation any and all claims for invasion of privacy, right of publicity, and defamation.
By submitting this information, I represent that I have obtained a valid HIPAA Authorization covering all future disclosures AHA may make of this information if the disclosure includes any protected health information of the patient.